The Best Mortgage Rates in Oakville, ON
The Best Mortgage Rates in Ontario
|5 Year Fixed Closed View All »||2.47% PC Financial||2.59% TD Canada Trust||2.24% True North Mortgage|
|5 Year Variable Closed View All »||2.60% TD Canada Trust||2.70% PC Financial||1.95% True North Mortgage|
|3 Year Fixed Closed View All »||3.34% PC Financial||3.39% TD Canada Trust||1.99% True North Mortgage|
|1 Year Fixed Closed View All »||2.99% TD Canada Trust||1.98% True North Mortgage||2.19% Mortgage Ingenuity|
Ready to find your best mortgage rate?
To get started, tell us a bit about your location and borrowing needs - and we'll do the rest! Your personalized results will include the best rates from lenders and mortgage brokers, right in your region. Simply pick a product you like, and we'll put you in touch for more info by email, website or phone - no obligation or purchase required.
What is a mortgage broker - and why would I work with one instead of a bank?
Think of a mortgage broker as your personal mortgage shopper - they've got access to a number of rates offered by multiple lenders, and do the legwork to connect you with your best match. Brokers work with your unique financial institution, and will help negotiate the best rate on your behalf - best of all, their services are absolutely free!
Ranked #7 Best City To Live In Canada
Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, Oakville is known for its picturesque charm and beautiful, bustling downtown. Here are some more fast facts about Oakville:
- Oakville has a population of about 180,000 and is located a half hour drive away from downtown Toronto
- According to Environment Canada, Oakville has the best weather in Canada, with just the right amount of precipitation and days below 0 degrees
- Oakville boasts 1,430 hectares of parkland, 150 kilometres of trails and more than 200 parks
- Approximately 1.4 million tourists visit Oakville annually
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Oakville
- Oakville is one of the most expensive cities in Canada – the average home price is roughly $825,000, which is over double the national average
- There is currently an average of 2.4 months' worth of inventory of homes in Mississauga
- Average length of time on the market for homes in Oakville is about 27 days
- The market in Oakville is a sellers' market – this creates competition between buyers and drives up prices
- On average, homes in Oakville sell for 98% of their asking price. This is another indication of a hot market
Frequently Asked Question: Why is Oakville so expensive?
There are a number of factors at play here, but Oakville is such an expensive city because it has managed to maintain low crime rates, beautiful neighbourhoods, and healthy employment rates. It also offers access to waterfront property, pristine parks, and safe communities. Because of these things, Oakville attracts high income buyers and, so, prices are buoyed by demand for higher end housing.
Oakville Housing Statistics
Oakville might be expensive, but there is good reason for it. Safe, beautiful neighbourhoods and a thriving downtown are just a couple perks to living in this Greater Toronto Area community.
|Property Prices: High||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: High||Traffic Index: High|
Buying Property in Oakville – Important Links
Knowledge is power when it comes to making the most of your money, and this old adage is especially true when talking about mortgages. RateSupermarket.ca recommends the following resources to get you started on your mortgage journey in Oakville:
Get Oakville regional housing statistics from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Ever wonder what everyday items will cost you in Oakville? You can compare the cost of living around the world here.
Get all the information you need about Oakville public transit on the Oakville Transit website.
For many families, nearby schools are a big factor in home buying decisions. Learn more about the Halton District School Board and school locations here.
Are you new to Canada? The Halton region has a number of resources available to immigrants, aimed at providing a solid foundation for new Canadians.