The Best Mortgage Rates in Mississauga
The Best Mortgage Rates in Ontario
|5 Year Fixed Closed View All »||2.34% True North Mortgage »||2.34% Broker Financial Group Inc. »||2.34% Syndicate Mortgages Inc. »|
|5 Year Variable Closed View All »||2.02% Sigma Mortgage »||2.05% Syndicate Mortgages Inc. »||2.10% Broker Financial Group Inc. »|
|3 Year Fixed Closed View All »||2.19% Dominion Lending Centres Eagle Group »||2.19% Syndicate Mortgages Inc. »||2.19% Clarity Mortgage Inc. »|
|1 Year Fixed Closed View All »||1.98% True North Mortgage »||2.19% Clarity Mortgage Inc. »||2.29% Mortgage Alliance - Peter Ricketts »|
Ready to find your best mortgage rate?
To get started, tell us a bit about your location and borrowing needs - and we'll do the rest! Your personalized results will include the best rates from lenders and mortgage brokers, right in your region. Simply pick a product you like, and we'll put you in touch for more info by email, website or phone - no obligation or purchase required.
What is a mortgage broker - and why would I work with one instead of a bank?
Think of a mortgage broker as your personal mortgage shopper - they've got access to a number of rates offered by multiple lenders, and do the legwork to connect you with your best match. Brokers work with your unique financial institution, and will help negotiate the best rate on your behalf - best of all, their services are absolutely free!
More About: Living In Mississauga
Mississauga is a sprawling urban centre within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Here are some fast facts about the city:
- With a population of roughly 800,000, Mississauga is Canada's 6th largest city
- Home to Toronto Pearson International Airport – Canada's busiest airport, and within the top 30 in the world
- Home to The University of Toronto Mississauga and within commuting distance of 10 major universities and 11 technical colleges
- Over 60 of the Fortune 500 base their Global or Canadian Head offices in Mississauga
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Mississauga
- The average home price in Mississauga is about $485,000 – that's nearly $100,000 over the national average
- There is currently an average of 2.5 months' worth of inventory of homes in Mississauga
- Average length of time on the market for homes in Mississauga is about 26 days
- The market in Mississauga is a sellers' market – this creates competition between buyers and drives up prices
- On average, homes in Brampton sell for 98% of their asking price. This is another indication of a hot market
Frequently Asked Question: What is the commute like from Mississauga to downtown Toronto?
Depends on the day, and on your mode of transportation! Generally, it takes 40 minutes to drive from Mississauga to downtown Toronto, but this varies based on weather, traffic, time of day, etc. The GO transit system runs regularly through Mississauga, and takes about 1 – 1.5 hours to arrive downtown via transit.
Mississauga Housing Statistics
With such a diverse population, Mississauga is a great city to live in for all that it has to offer in terms of opportunity and culture. Mississauga is close enough to Toronto that residents can enjoy frequent trips to the big city without the added costs of living there. Mississauga is largely influenced by the goings on of Toronto and as a GTA city it is more expensive than other parts of the country.
|Property Prices: High||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: High||Traffic Index: High|
Buying Property in Mississauga – Important Links
Knowledge is power when it comes to making the most of your money, and this old adage is especially true when talking about mortgages. RateSupermarket.ca recommends the following resources to get you started on your mortgage journey in Mississauga:
Get Mississauga regional housing statistics from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Ever wonder what everyday items will cost you in Mississauga? You can compare the cost of living around the world here.
Get all the information you need about Mississauga public transit on the MiWay website.
For many families, nearby schools are a big factor in home buying decisions. Learn more about the Peel District School Board and school locations here.
Are you new to Canada? The Peel region is very ethnically diverse and has a number of resources available to immigrants, aimed at providing a solid foundation for new Canadians.