Email a Mortgage Expert
Fill out this form and we'll get a mortgage expert in your area to get in touch to answer any mortgage questions you might have - it's as simple as that.
- Interest rate offered by the lender or broker for the mortgage loan. Mortgage Rate
- The amount you will pay monthly based on your total mortgage amount. Monthly Payment
- How long the mortgage agreement is set for. HINT Help! I'm a Mortgage Newbie, if you're unsure what to select a five year term is the most popular choice. Mortgage Term
- 25 Year
- Fixed vs Variable FIXED Mortgage rate does not change during your term - in other words you are locked in. VS. VARIABLEMortgage rate changes during the term with the lender's prime rate. Open vs Closed CLOSEDYou cannot pay off your mortgage early during the term without being charged a penalty. VS. OPENYou can pay off your mortgage early with no penalty during the term. HINT Help! I'm a Mortgage Newbie, if you're not sure what to choose you're probably looking for a closed rate. Mortgage Type
- Fixed Closed
- A mortgage where the borrower has less than 20% of the property or house value. The mortgage must then be insured against payment default by a Mortgage Insurer, such as CMHC, or Genworth Financial. High-Ratio Mortgage
- The amount you can overpay on your mortgage every year. Lump Sum Monthly
- The amount you can overpay on your monthly payments. Lump Sum Annual
- The length of time (usually 30 to 120 days) a lender will guarantee this rate. (Think of it like the length of time you can put something on hold at a store to guarantee that price.) Rate Hold
- 120 days
- The lowest amount of money required to be borrowed for the lender/broker to offer this mortgage rate. Minimum Amount
About Royal Bank of CanadaOur mortgage specialists will help you select a mortgage. They'll offer advice on the various mortgage options available to you, some of which may help you to save thousands of dollars in interest over the life of your mortgage.
Mobile Mortgage Specialists
Buying a new home, moving, or selling? You can meet with a mortgage specialist - anytime, anywhere. When you talk with a mortgage specialist, you'll receive:
* Free, no-obligation professional advice and information about RBC Royal Bank mortgage products
* Personalized one-on-one service
* Competitive rates on your RBC Royal Bank mortgage
* A single point of contact for your mortgage inquiries
Rates shown for the applicable term are Royal Bank of Canada's posted rates . Rates may be changed at any time without notice.