Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card
Receive a $50 e-Gift card upon approval!
Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card
Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases). Plus, no annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards.1 A welcome offer value of $350.†
Credit Score Excellent: -- I've had a credit card, or loan for 10+ years. I've had good credit for the last 7 years (no bankruptcies or no defaults on credit as a result of failing to pay debts back to creditors). I haven't opened a new credit card account, loan, or line of credit in the last nine months. I've made the minimum payments on my existing credit cards for the past six months
Rewards Are all rewards created equal? From points, to miles, to cash back – how do you know how much you’re really getting? To help you find the best rewards card, we’ve created the Your Reward Return, an estimate on the dollar value of your rewards based on your monthly spend so that you can compare like for like. Now that’s wise thinking!
$120.00 *First-year annual fee waived
- Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases). Plus, no annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards.1 A welcome offer value of $350.†
- 4% on eligible recurring bill payments and grocery store purchases
- 2% on eligible gas station and daily transit purchases
- 1% cash back on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
- Visa Infinite Dining Series
- Visa Infinite Music Series
- Wine Country Wonders
- Luxury Hotel Privileges
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance & New Mobile Device Insurance coverage
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of January 2, 2020. Subject to change.
*See Card Provider's website and Card Application for complete card details, terms, and current offers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain the accuracy of information.
Features and Benefits
- Purchase protection and extended warranty
- Baggage insurance
- Flight delay insurance
- Rental vehicle insurance
- Travel medical insurance
- Trip interruption or cancellation insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Avis Rental Car Discount
1 The 10% Cash Back and First Year Annual Fee Waiver Offer (the "Offer") applies only to new Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* credit card accounts ("Accounts") that are opened, and any supplementary Account cards issued, by April 30, 2020 and is subject to the below terms and conditions. All other terms and conditions of the Program Terms continue to apply during the Offer period.
10% Cash Back Offer Description and Conditions: You will earn bonus cash back on the first $2,000 in eligible purchases you spend on your new Account within the first 3 months of the Account open date (the "Offer End Date"). Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. After the Offer End Date, you will earn regular cash back on eligible purchases at the regular cash back rate (the "Cash Back Program Rate") described in the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions (the "Program Terms"). The 10% cash back rate for any category is made up of the sum of: (i) the regular Cash Back Program Rate (variable by categories as set out under the Program Terms); and (ii) a "Cash Back Bonus Rate". Cash back earned under this Offer will be credited to your Account in 2 instalments so long as your Account is open and in good standing at time of payout of each:
1. Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date; and
2. Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program Terms.
The Account is considered in good standing if it is not delinquent (past due) or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account.
EXAMPLE: If the Regular Cash Back Program Rate for the Groceries and Recurring Payments category is 4% then the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be 6% for that category so that you will earn a total of 10% on the amount of all eligible everyday purchases in that category until the Offer End Date. If you make $2,000 in eligible everyday purchases in the Groceries and Recurring Payments category, your cash back earnings will be credited to your Account as follows:
(1) the Cash Back Bonus earnings of $120 (6% x $2,000) will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date, and (2) the Regular Cash Back earnings of $80 (4% x $2,000) will be credited to your Account as per the regular cash back payment schedule (i.e., November).
Annual Fee Waiver Offer Description and Conditions: We will waive the initial annual fee for the primary card and each additional supplementary card on the Account for the first year only.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are eligible for the Offer.
Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.
Rates and Fees: The current annual fee is $120 for the primary card and $50 for each additional supplementary card. The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 20.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions). All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.
†Based on a first year annual fee waiver of $120 for the primary card, $50 for one supplementary card, and a potential bonus cash back earning of at least $180 during the Offer period assuming a minimum spend of $2,000 at the lowest possible cash back earn rate under the Program of 1% (i.e., Cash Back Bonus Rate of 9% x $2,000). Actual value will vary based on number of supplementary cards issued for the Account and individual category spend in the first 3 months. See full Offer terms and conditions above.
Rate, product information and rewards estimate are subject to change at any time and does not constitute financial advice. Please contact supplier for complete detailsApply Online