Home Trust Secured Visa Card
Home Trust Secured Visa Card
Your best chance to get the credit you deserve - with a minimum deposit of $500!
Rewards Are all rewards created equal? -- From points, to miles, to cash back - how do you know how much you're really getting? To help you find the best rewards card, we've created the Your Reward Return, a rate that lets you know the rate of return from your spending into rewards so that you can compare like for like. Now that's wise thinking!
- Build or re-build your credit, even if you've had credit difficulties in the past, or have never had a credit card before!
- An excellent opportunity to establish your credit rating
- Virtually everyone is approved
- Make purchases over the phone or online
- Plan and book a vacation
- Access cash anytime, anywhere from over 1 million ATMs around the world displaying the Visa or Plus logo
- Shop at over 24 million locations worldwide
- Choose between a monthly fee of $5 or an annual fee of $59
How does the Secured Visa Credit Card Work?
With a secured credit card, you are given access to credit but you are required to provide a security deposit for eligibility.
How much is the deposit?
The minimum deposit is $500 but you can put down as much as $10,000
How do I send my deposit?
When your application is complete, please mail your security deposit (personal or personal certified cheque, money order or bank draft from a Canadian Financial Institution, payable to "Home Trust Company") to:
Home Trust Company
Attn: Visa Department
145 King St. West, Suite 2300
Note: We will not accept cash, for your security deposit. Preferred IDs include a current Provincial Driver's License, Canadian Passport or Certificate of Canadian Citizenship. Other acceptable IDs include a Birth Certificate or Social Insurance Card.
Can I get my deposit back?
Yes, if you decide to close your credit card account send the full payment of your credit card balance and your security funds will be returned to you.
If you are not approved, your security deposit will be immediately returned to you.
RUNNER UP: The Best Credit Card for Building Credit in Canada
Building a credit history in Canada can be a catch-22; you need a credit card to establish good credit, but many cards won't approve you if you don't have a great score. That's how guaranteed and secured credit cards can help - by requiring a deposit upfront, they offer a no-risk way to get and use a credit card. The Home Trust Secured Visa Card is one of our top picks for its low 14.99% APR.
Why It's Our Winner
*Total Interest Paid is calculated based on the following:
- Assuming the cardholder is carrying a deposited balance of $500, and is paying it off completely over a 12-month period in installments of $41.67
Total Interest Paid on Balance: $99.30
See how the Home Trust Secured Visa Card stacks up against the other best credit cards for building credit in Canada:
This Card Is Great For You If:
- You have damaged your credit score
- You are a young adult and need to build a credit history
- You are new to Canada and need to build a credit history
- You want a risk-free way to build good credit habits
STUDENT DEBT REPAYMENT BUILDING CREDIT
Rate and product information are subject to change at any time and does not constitute financial advice. Please contact supplier for complete details.Apply Online