Terms and Conditions
Below you’ll find the terms and conditions for RateSupermarket.ca’s 2014 Summer Fling Sweepstakes
- Information on How to Enter and the Offer form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this Offer is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other RateSupermarket.ca ("The Promoter") promotion.
- Offer commences at 09:00AM EST on July 8, 2014, and closes at 11:59PM on August 31, 2014. ("Offer Period").
- In order to qualify for the Offer participants must:
- Complete RateSupermarket.ca's "Summer Fling" quiz and enter your contact details.
- Subscribe to the RateSupermarket.ca mailing list (subscription is automatically updated upon giveaway entry).
- The Offer is one (1) $2,500 cash prize, to be awarded to one prize winner; three (3) $500 cash prizes, to be awarded to three prize winners; twenty (20) gift cards worth $50 in value, to be awarded to twenty people
- The Offer is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Offer is only open to Canadian residents excluding Quebec.
- Notification that the participant has successfully qualified for the Offer will come from The Promoter by email.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Offer will still be distributed to participants who have successfully qualified up to 10 business days after the end of the Offer Period.
- All participants who register for the Offer during the Offer Period, will be entered into a draw the grand prize and bonus prize giveaway.
- The cash prizes will be awarded by The Promoter in the form of a cheque.
- The Prize winners will be drawn on September 1, 2014 and the winner will be notified by phone and email.
- The Grand Prize will be presented as:
- a cheque valued at $2,500
- All content included within the Offer, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of The Promoter or its content suppliers and protected by Canadian copyright laws.
- The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, or applications that cannot be processed due to phone, network, electronic or computer hardware or software failure, or technical failures of any kind, whether caused by the Promoter, participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the operation of the promotion or violates the Official Rules.
- The Offer is void where prohibited.
Sweeptstakes Official Rules
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEES ARE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
- Computer-generated entry number(s) will be randomly assigned to each participation. Each number assigned is personal and each has a limited valid period. For this reason, each promotion has its own reply deadline date. These dates must be respected in order for to be eligible to the Sweepstakes.
- An individual may only enter once during the complete Sweepstakes period. Each entry has a fair and equal chance to win.
- Participants must fill out the entry page in accordance with instructions AND entry deadlines stated in the relevant promotional material.
- For all entries, the date of receipt will constitute entry eligibility to the Sweepstakes.
- Reproduction of entries will not be accepted.
- This Sweepstakes is open to Canadian residents only (excluding Quebec) who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. A person for whom a publicity contest is carried out, his employee, representative or proxy, a member of the jury and the persons with whom they are domiciled may not enter the contest. Entries are not transferable except to the winner's estate according to the law of the province or territory of residence.
- Entrants are eligible only for the prizes and bonuses presented in the offer received, providing reply conditions set forth in the offer are met.
- This Sweepstakes is not open to Quebec residents.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
- All entrants will be assigned random numbers within a given range. On the winner selection day, RateSupermarket.ca will generate the winning number for the grand prize using the RANDOM.ORG site.
PRIZES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- There are 3 Prizes being offered: one (1) $2,500 cash prize; three (3) $500 cash prizes; twenty (20) gift cards valued at $50 each. All prizes will be mailed to the winners at the cost of the promoter. This last draw will include eligible entries from July 8, 2014 returned prior to the close date of August 31, 2014 at 23:59:59 (EST).
PROBABILITY OF WINNING
- Based on past sweepstakes, and as determined by statistical expertise, an individual's average probability of the Prizes, is 1 in 8,000.
- All winners will be notified by phone and email within 10 days of the draw. They must answer, by phone or email their correct answer to a skill-testing question involving general knowledge and allow the use of their name, city of residence, and statements (audio or video) for promotional purposes. All prizes will be delivered to the winner's home. The winners will be responsible for all taxes, where applicable. If a winner fails to respond by the date specified in the notification, the prize may be given to an alternate winner or to a recognized Canadian charity organization.
- For all entries, RateSupermarket.ca, its directors, its employees, any company involved in the administration of this Sweepstakes, and the official agent, are not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, damaged, incomplete and/or illegible entries and incorrect transcription of entry information, as well as any technical malfunctions and failure of any network which may limit an individual's participation.
- This Sweepstakes complies with all Canadian laws.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.