SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, sign up for the President’s Choice Financial® World Elite MasterCard® through RateSupermarket.ca and get a FREE $100 e-gift card and up to 20,000 PC points1 upon activation! That’s $20 worth of PC points towards your groceries! Redeem PC points at participating grocery stores where President’s Choice® products are sold.
Looking to save a buck on your food budget? Grocery brand giant and lender President’s Choice Financial has added another tier to its popular President’s Choice Financial® MasterCard® . This card has been a fan favourite among shoppers for its no-fee structure and ability to earn rewards towards free groceries with every purchase. However, the Presidents Choice Financial® World Elite MasterCard® earns three times more than its basic counterpart at participating retailers, and comes with a buffet of benefits not usually associated with a no-fee option.
*Requires a minimum personal income of $70,000 or a household income of $120,000.
- Grocery: 30 PC points per $1 spent on groceries purchased at participating stores where President’s Choice products are sold.
- Gas: 3 cents earned per litre at Esso locations.
- Drugstore: 30 points per $1 spent at Shoppers Drug Mart and PharmaprixMD.
- Travel: 30 points per $1 on travel booked through pctravel.ca.
- Other: 10 points earned per dollar on all other purchases.
How Much Are PC Points Worth?
Value of one PC Point: $0.001
How Much Would You Earn?
So, how does this card stack up to other grocery rewards options? We crunched the numbers using our Best of Finance methodology to see how much you could earn over a 24-month period.
Assuming $1,119 is spent on the card monthly, in the following categories:
Rewards earned over a 24-month period: 626.76
Gas rewards earned over a 24-month period: $109.74
Total: $736.50 in free groceries
That’s a heck of a lot of free groceries (or duds from Joe Fresh, which is our personal favourite distraction when popping into Loblaws for milk).
Are you carrying the best credit card for your spending habits? Check out the Credit Card Rewards Calculator and find out!
This Card is Great If…
- You want to redeem your rewards solely on food purchases.
- You frequently shop at President’s Choice-affiliated retailers like Loblaws, Joe Fresh and Shoppers Drug Mart.
- You don’t mind being restricted to where you can redeem your points.
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- You want purchase protection and extended warranty features.
- You pay for items with your iPhone (as it’s now compatible with Apple Pay).
This Card Isn’t So Great If…
- You are prone to carrying a balance on your credit card.
- You want more flexible rewards (try one of the best cash back credit cards in Canada instead!).
- You don’t regularly use a credit card on your grocery, gas or drugstore purchases.
- You want additional travel and health insurance benefits.
SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, sign up for the President’s Choice Financial® World Elite MasterCard® and treat yourself to one of four $100 e-gift cards upon approval! Choose from Cineplex, iTunes, Starbucks or The Ultimate Dining Card. Get more bang for your buck this summer and sign up today!