Regina Mortgage Rates
Are you a prairie homebuyer? See how you can save thousands of dollars with the best Regina mortgage rates today on RateSupermarket.ca.
|Best Fixed Mortgage Rates||Best Variable Mortgage Rates|
|2.64%||Get Rate »|
|2.49%||Get Rate »||2.50%||Get Rate »|
|2.59%||Get Rate »||2.20%||Get Rate »|
|Fixed Mortgage Rates provide you with the security of never going up over your term. The most popular fixed mortgage rate term is five years.||Variable Mortgage Rates go up and down with the current prime rate. As they carry a higher risk, they generally offer a lower rate.|
Ranked #3 Best Mid-Sized City to Live in Canada
Regina has a population of roughly 220,000 and is the capital city of Saskatchewan. Ranked the 3rd best mid-sized city to live in Canada and the 9th best city to live in overall, Regina has lots to offer. Here are some fast facts about the city:
- Regina has a resource-based economy tied to oil and gas, potash and agricultural production
- Home to the Wascana Centre, a 9.3 square kilometre park built around Wascana Lake. It is one of the largest urban parks in North America
- Home of the RCMP Training Academy
- Regina has a continental climate, with hot dry summers and long, cold winters
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Regina
- Regina is the only major city in Canada where prices fell in 2014. This decline in home prices have been attributed to overdevelopment and a particularly harsh winter
- The average home price in Regina is about $295,000 – that's over $100,000 cheaper than the national average of $398,000
- Listings in Regina are at all-time high – that means the market is primed for buyers looking to capitalize on low housing prices
- Regina has a very healthy economy and job growth is expected to continue through 2015, which should mean positive gains for the housing market, too
- Immigration and population growth have slowed, also contributing to the cooling of the housing market
Frequently Asked Question: Should I be concerned about buying a home in Regina given the decline in home prices over the past year?
Currently, Regina's housing market is poised as a buyer's market, because of oversupply and subsequent price decreases. However, the Regina economy is a healthy one, and several factors are expected to strengthen the housing market. Home prices are expected to rise again and you should not be overly concerned about the value of your home decreasing significantly. The price drops in 2014 were noteworthy, but not hugely significant – sellers are still listing their homes for more than they were originally worth.
Regina Housing Statistics
As the capital city of Saskatchewan, Regina is an affordable urban centre with plenty of economic and cultural opportunities.
|Property Prices: Moderate
||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: High||Traffic Index: Moderate
Buying Property in Regina – Important Links
Knowledge is power when it comes to making the most of your money, and this old adage is especially true when talking about mortgages. RateSupermarket.ca recommends the following resources to get you started on your mortgage journey in Regina:
Get Regina regional housing statistics from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Ever wonder what everyday items will cost you in Regina? You can compare the cost of living around the world here.
Get all the information you need about Regina public transit on the Regina public transit website.
Are you new to Canada? Regina has a number of resources available to immigrants, aimed at providing a solid foundation for new Canadians.
Mortgage Rates in Canada (by City)
Want to review rates for your specific city? Quickly access below…