Find YOUR Best Mortgage Rate
Living in the Swift Flowing River? Get the best mortgage rates in Saskatchewan at RateSupermarket.ca
The best Mortgage Rates
Best 5 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates
The most popular mortgage rate option in Canada - a 5 Year Fixed Rate provides you a secured rate for five yearsView All »
Best 5 Year Variable Mortgage Rates
The second most popular option in Canada - a 5 Year Variable Rate provides you with a mortgage rate that fluctuates with prime for a 5 year term.View All »
Best HELOC Mortgage Rates
Looking to borrow some money and already got a mortgage? A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) provides a low interest option to borrow.View All »
|Best Fixed Mortgage Rates||Best Variable Mortgage Rates|
|2.89%||Get Rate »|
|2.34%||Get Rate »||2.40%||Get Rate »|
|2.74%||Get Rate »||2.20%||Get Rate »|
|Fixed Mortgage Rates provide you with the security of never going up over your term. The most popular fixed mortgage rate term is five years.||Variable Mortgage Rates go up and down with the current prime rate. As they carry a higher risk, they generally offer a lower rate.|
More About: Living In Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan is one of the three prairie provinces and has a population of roughly 1.2 million. Here's some more information about Saskatchewan:
- Despite being thought of as a flat prairie province, Saskatchewan is actually more than half forests, 90% of which are provincial Crown forests. The province also boasts over 100,000 lakes, making it a great destination for nature lovers
- Regina is the capital city of Saskatchewan, with a population of roughly 220,000
- Saskatchewan receives more sunshine than any other province in Canada. However, the climate is still extreme, and winter can see temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius
- Saskatchewan grows about 55% of Canada's wheat crop and is a world leader in the production of uranium. Next to Alberta, Saskatchewan is Canada's second largest producer of oil
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Saskatchewan
- The average home price in Saskatchewan is roughly $295,000 – that's over $100,000 cheaper than the national average
- The Saskatchewan market is currently primed as a buyers' market, with plenty of choice and a good bargaining position for prospective buyers
- An improving global economic outlook is expected to increase Saskatchewan's exports, which means positive things for the economy and housing market. Employment growth is expected to slow a bit in 2015 but will remain strong, while migration should continue to support housing demand
- Housing starts in prairie provinces are expected to fall in 2015
- Mortgage interest rates are expected to increase, as Canadian exports, investments, job growth and incomes improve. Once the economy is back to a comfortable, healthy place, we should see mortgage rates start to rise.
Frequently Asked Question: What is a 'housing start'?
A 'housing start' is a term used in the real estate world to describe new home constructions. This is often used as an indicator of economic conditions. Generally, a prosperous region will have high levels of housing starts.
Saskatchewan Housing Statistics
The Saskatchewan housing market is strong and is expected to remain stable. The province offers a high quality of life with affordable living.
|Property Prices: Moderate||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: High||Traffic Index: Moderate|
Buying Property in Saskatchewan – Important Links
Thinking of buying a home in Saskatchewan? Here are some important links to help you learn more about the province and get you started on your mortgage journey in Saskatchewan:
Get Saskatchewan regional housing statistics from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Ever wonder what everyday items will cost you in Saskatchewan? You can compare the cost of living across Canada and around the world here.
Are you new to Canada? Saskatchewan offers a number of resources available to immigrants, aimed at providing a solid foundation for new Canadians.
Health care varies from province to province. Find out all you need to know about the Saskatchewan health care system and how to qualify for coverage here.
Get up to speed on provincial politics – learn more about the Saskatchewan provincial government here.
Mortgage Rates in Canada (by City)
Want to review rates for your specific city? Quickly access below…
Mortgage Rates in Canada (by Province)
Want to review rates for your specific province? Quickly access below…
Compare 100+ Mortgage Rates in Minutes…
We’ve got the latest mortgage rates from the top financial institutions in Canada, including:
What will my monthly mortgage payments look like?
Calculate your payment schedule, how long it will take you to pay off your mortgage, and ways to save.Mortgage Calculator »
How much of a mortgage can I afford?
Want to set a budget for your home shopping? Determine how much you can afford - and how much it will cost you.Affordability Calculator »
How much will it cost me to break my mortgage?
Thinking about breaking your mortgage early and wondering how much it will cost?Penalty Calculator »