The Best Mortgage Rates in Kitchener, ON
Living in Kitchener? Get the best mortgage rates in Kitchener at RateSupermarket.ca
|Best Fixed Mortgage Rates||Best Variable Mortgage Rates|
|2.89%||Get Rate »|
|3.29%||Get Rate »||2.40%||Get Rate »|
|2.44%||Get Rate »||2.00%||Get Rate »|
|Fixed Mortgage Rates provide you with the security of never going up over your term. The most popular fixed mortgage rate term is five years.||Variable Mortgage Rates go up and down with the current prime rate. As they carry a higher risk, they generally offer a lower rate.|
Home to Canada's Technology Triangle
- Home to one of the largest Mennonite populations in Canada, who first settled into the region in the 1790's.
- The location of the Canadian headquarters for many of the world's leading technology companies including Google, BlackBerry and Microsoft.
- Waterloo was named the world's "Most Intelligent City" in 2007 by New York-based Intelligent Community Forum.
- The city of Kitchener was named Berlin until 1916, and was also the first city to launch the Blue Box recycling program.
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Kitchener Waterloo
1. Kitchener Waterloo is a car-dependent region with a Walk Score of 44, meaning most errands require a vehicle. Car ownership is strongly recommended for those living in the region.
2. The region is considered a more affordable alternative to major urban centres, and located 117 km from Toronto, is home to many long-distance commuters.
3. The city is poised to experience a housing boom, especially in lower-priced markets, in 2014 - 2015. Developers are to focus on condos and row homes in the price range of $250,000 - $400,000.
4. Buyer competition for higher-priced housing is much weaker compared with major urban centres like Toronto - the market is considered balanced for homes priced over $400,000.
5. An influx of jobs in the region between 2015 and 2016 will further fuel demand for housing and will cause sale prices to rise and estimated 3.5 per cent, leading to a more expensive housing market and monthly carrying costs for homeowners.
Frequently Asked Question: Is Kitchener Waterloo a good place to invest in real estate?
According to the latest quarterly Housing Market Outlook released for the region by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Kitchener Waterloo is currently a lower-priced market that is due for price appreciation as economic conditions improve. The report calls for average home price growth of 3.5 per cent this year and in 2015, making the area an attractive option for those looking to enter the market and get a return on their real estate investment.
Kitchener Waterloo Housing Statistics
As part of Canada's technology triangle, Kitchener Waterloo is home to many technology professionals, whose demand for housing greatly influences housing demographics in the area. The region is also very student-centric - both the University of Waterloo and Wilfred Laurier University are located here. As a result, rental properties are in high demand among the student demographic, along with developers' focus on lower-priced residential properties.
|Property Prices: High||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: Moderate||Traffic Index: High|
Buying Property in Kitchener Waterloo – Important Links
Get started in the Kitchener Waterloo area with these regional and residential resources, recommended by RateSupermarket.ca.
Connect with a realtor in the region through the Kitchener-Waterloo Association of Realtors.
See the average price of dining, gas, groceries and more in Kitchener with this Cost of Living Index.
Find information about public transit in the Grand River area with the Grand River Transit website, servicing Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
Moving into the area with kids? Find information about schools on the Waterloo Region District School Board website.
Newcomers to Canada can find the resources they need with Immigration Waterloo Region.
Mortgage Rates in Canada (by City)
Want to review rates for your specific city? Quickly access below…