The Best Mortgage Rates in Burlington, ON
Living in Burlington? Get the best mortgage rates in Kitchener at RateSupermarket.ca
|Best Fixed Mortgage Rates||Best Variable Mortgage Rates|
|2.85%||Get Rate »||2.84%||Get Rate »|
|2.47%||Get Rate »||2.50%||Get Rate »|
|2.69%||Get Rate »||2.25%||Get Rate »|
|Fixed Mortgage Rates provide you with the security of never going up over your term. The most popular fixed mortgage rate term is five years.||Variable Mortgage Rates go up and down with the current prime rate. As they carry a higher risk, they generally offer a lower rate.|
Ranked #1 Best Mid-Sized City to Live in Canada
Burlington is located in the Halton region at the western end of Lake Ontario and is ranked the best mid-sized city to live in Canada. Here are some fast facts about Burlington:
- Ranked #5 best overall city to live in Canada
- Burlington has a population of about 180,000
- Home to the Royal Botanical Gardens, a very popular tourist destination located on the Burlington/Hamilton border
- Burlington is a golfer's paradise – there are 9 courses in Burlington and 42 in the region
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Burlington
- The average home price in Burlington is around $550,000 – which is significantly higher than the national average of $398,000
- In 2014, homes in Burlington were on the market for an average of 26 days
- Home sales in Burlington were up 7% in 2014 from the previous year
- The market in Burlington is a sellers' market – this creates competition between buyers and drives up prices
- On average, homes in Burlington sell for 98% of their asking price
Frequently Asked Question: What is Burlington's economy like?
Burlington is located in the heart of an area known as the Golden Horseshoe, the largest consumer and industrial market in Canada. As such, Burlington maintains a strong, healthy economy. No single employer or job sector dominates Burlington's economy, but leading industries include food processing, business services, and electronics. The largest public sector employees in the area are the City of Burlington, the education boards, and the hospital.
Burlington Housing Statistics
Burlington might be expensive, but it has much to offer in terms of culture and opportunity. Plus, you're only a short trip away from downtown Toronto!
|Property Prices: High||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: High||Traffic Index: High|
Buying Property in Burlington – Important Links
Knowledge is power when it comes to making the most of your money, and this old adage is especially true when talking about mortgages. RateSupermarket.ca recommends the following resources to get you started on your mortgage journey in Burlington:
Get Burlington regional housing statistics from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Ever wonder what everyday items will cost you in Burlington? You can compare the cost of living around the world here.
Get all the information you need about Burlington public transit on the Burlington public transit website.
For many families, nearby schools are a big factor in home buying decisions. Learn more about the Halton District School Board and school locations here.
Are you new to Canada? The Halton region has a number of resources available to immigrants, aimed at providing a solid foundation for new Canadians.