Ontario Mortgage Rates
Find the best mortgage in Ontario by banks, brokers and speciality lenders - you could save thousands during your mortgage with RateSupermarket.ca!
The best Mortgage Rates
Best 5 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates
The most popular mortgage rate option in Canada - a 5 Year Fixed Rate provides you a secured rate for five yearsView All »
Best 5 Year Variable Mortgage Rates
The second most popular option in Canada - a 5 Year Variable Rate provides you with a mortgage rate that fluctuates with prime for a 5 year term.View All »
Best HELOC Mortgage Rates
Looking to borrow some money and already got a mortgage? A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) provides a low interest option to borrow.View All »
|Best Fixed Mortgage Rates||Best Variable Mortgage Rates|
|2.99%||Get Rate »||Get Rate »|
|2.84%||Get Rate »||2.60%||Get Rate »|
|2.74%||Get Rate »||2.15%||Get Rate »|
|Fixed Mortgage Rates provide you with the security of never going up over your term. The most popular fixed mortgage rate term is five years.||Variable Mortgage Rates go up and down with the current prime rate. As they carry a higher risk, they generally offer a lower rate.|
More About: Living In Ontario
Ontario is Canada's second largest province (it's over 4 times the size of the UK and almost 1/3 the size of India) and also the most populous province, with over 14 million residents. Here are some more fast facts about Ontario:
- Ontario has more than 250,000 lakes, which contain about a third of the world's fresh water
- Ontario offers everything from wilderness expeditions to urban excursions – the landscape is vast and varied (and so are the people!)
- Ontario's thriving economy is supported by a variety of industries and generates approximately 37% of the national GDP
- The capital city of Ontario is Toronto, Canada's largest city. Toronto has the largest variety of theatres and performing arts companies in Ontario, and the second largest in North America (second only to New York)
5 Things You Need To Know About Buying In Ontario
- The average home price in Ontario is about $430,000 – that's $30,000 more than the national average
- The Toronto/GTA housing market, with its soaring home prices, have skewed the provincial numbers. There are many other cities and towns in Ontario offering more affordable housing
- These larger Southern Ontario markets are expected to grow at a slower pace due to high home prices and inventories
- The Ontario housing market has continued to strengthen through 2014. The CMHC sites an improving economy and decreased out-migration to Western Canada as causes for rising home prices and a shift in demand to less expensive housing
- Mortgage interest rates are expected to increase, as Canadian exports, investments, job growth and incomes improve. Once the economy is back to a comfortable, healthy place, we should see mortgage rates start to rise.
Frequently Asked Question: Everyone knows Toronto is the most expensive city in Ontario, but what is the cheapest?
Windsor is arguably the cheapest place to live in Ontario. Located just across the border from Detroit, MI, Windsor has many waterfront properties valued at just a fraction of the price of a Toronto home. The average price of a single-family home is about $175,000 – that's less than half the national average.
Ontario Housing Statistics
Ontario is Canada's most populous, prosperous province and prices are reflected as such. However, with such a vast range of cities and landscapes, housing costs also vary largely within the province.
|Property Prices: High||Quality of Life Index: High|
|Cost of Living: High||Traffic Index: High|
Buying Property in Ontario – Important Links
Thinking of buying a home in Ontario? Here are some important links to help you learn more about the province and get you started on your mortgage journey in Ontario:
Get Ontario regional housing statistics from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Ever wonder what everyday items will cost you in Ontario? You can compare the cost of living across Canada and around the world here.
Are you new to Canada? Ontario is very ethnically diverse and has a number of resources available to immigrants, aimed at providing a solid foundation for new Canadians.
Health care varies from province to province. Find out all you need to know about the Ontario health care system and how to qualify for coverage here.
Get up to speed on provincial politics – learn more about the Ontario provincial government here.
Mortgage Rates in Canada (by City)
Want to review rates for your specific city? Quickly access below…
Compare 100+ Mortgage Rates in Minutes…
We’ve got the latest mortgage rates from the top financial institutions in Canada, including:
What will my monthly mortgage payments look like?
Calculate your payment schedule, how long it will take you to pay off your mortgage, and ways to save.Mortgage Calculator »
How much of a mortgage can I afford?
Want to set a budget for your home shopping? Determine how much you can afford - and how much it will cost you.Affordability Calculator »
How much will it cost me to break my mortgage?
Thinking about breaking your mortgage early and wondering how much it will cost?Penalty Calculator »