RateSupermarket.ca was founded by Kelvin Mangaroo and launched in May 2008. The company was started as he saw a need for Canadians to be able to leverage the internet to easily compare the market for personal finance rates in one place. The concept started off with mortgage rates and quickly expanded into insurance products, credit cards, GICs, savings accounts and more.
RateSupermarket.ca is an independent information source where consumers can get free, up to date information on the latest personal finance offers, guides, tips and informative articles presented in an easy to understand way on products that tend to be quite complicated. A little bit of information can go a long way in enabling customers to make informed decisions.
How does it work?
RateSupermarket.ca’s continually updates the best rates and offers available in the market and to leverage this information you need to:
- Select the product you'd like to compare
- Refine the type of search you'd like to see
- Hit compare and our results table will show you a list of the best rates in the country
- If you want more information about a rate or product you find on the site, simply complete a call back request and the company offering the rate will contact you.
It's that simple.
How do we make money?
Our comparison and referral service is completely free for consumers. If you find a rate or product that you want to know more about, when you complete the call back request we pass your contact details onto the chosen company and in some cases we receive a referral fee for this service. We also make revenue by selling advertising space and sponsorships.
Our promise to you:
- We will not sell your information to any third party company without your consent.
- We do not endorse any one provider, product or service.
- Our comparison tables are displayed in a fair manner, with the default showing the best rate at the top of the comparison table.
- Any display adverts or banners on the site will be clearly labelled as an advertisement or sponsored.
Our Mission is to enable Canadians to easily compare the market for personal finance products. We aim to educate and empower consumers to make informed financial decisions which will ultimately lead to cost savings. When it comes to shopping for the best mortgage rates, insurance quotes, GICs or credit cards, we hope you find our service helpful.
Please note that RateSupermarket.ca Inc. has registered with the following provincial regulators for compliance and best practice purposes:
The Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM)
Mortgage brokerage dealing solely in mortgage referrals
Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
Life insurance agency
If you would like any further information please feel free to email us at: CustomerCare(at)RateSupermarket.ca.